I follow lots of lovely, like-minded people on Twitter and really love getting to know new people but you may be wondering why I don’t follow you back I hope this post clears it up. (Disclaimer: Please note that this post is meant to be a little bit of fun with some truth in it inspired by a post by Holly over at www.closingwinter.co.uk)
- You don’t interact with me – If you follow me then never interact with me I probably won’t follow you back. I know you can’t possibly interact with every single person you follow every day, that would be completely unreasonable. Even just a “hello, I found you through X and love that you’re in to Y” will make me far more likely to follow you back.
- You tweet or blog about diet products/weight loss and/or you body shame yourself through social media. Normally when a new account follows me I quickly flick through their “Media” tab to get an idea if they are into any of the things I mentioned above. I find that so difficult to deal with and if I did follow you I would probably have to mute you anyway so it’s pointless.
- You’re an egg – If you don’t have a profile picture (even of a pet or a flower) I’m going to assume you are a spam account.
- You tweet a lot about something I really don’t care about – I know that people unfollow me for this reason all the time. Not a lot of lifestyle/body positive/fitness bloggers are also huge Casualty, Holby City and Tennis fans. Obviously I accept that a lot of them don’t want their timelines filled with blow-by-blow accounts of my favourite TV shows or my favourite tennis players’ matches.
- I don’t like you – It’s far more likely to be one of the reasons above but we can’t like everyone, can we?!
Leave a comment below with your reasons for not following people on social media accounts also leave your twitter handle and I’ll (maybe :P) follow you. 😉